Head of HR (Maternity Cover)
In a fast growing, dynamic Vinci Energies UK team, the Head of HR will be reporting to the CFO on a fixed term, full or part time basis covering maternity leave. The role consists of advising the executive leadership team, leading the Learning and Development plan of the group and providing HR related operational services to the Holdings Company.
- Working in collaboration with the executive leadership team to plan, develop, communicate and integrate the Group HR strategy encompassing all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Work with executive team on any key senior recruitment requirements and consult and support on resourcing strategies, identify future talent and potential resourcing issues and coordinate the succession planning/talent development processes, through facilitating HR practices including PMI and ECHOS.
- Lead and support the implementation of the L&D strategy through the full management of the UK Academy from design, training needs analysis to delivery and working with external training providers.
- Fully manage and oversee the in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, and the measurement of training impact .
- Manage HR budget for the Holding Company
- Keep the CEO/CFO informed of significant problems that may jeopardise the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Responsible for HR consolidation reporting, providing HR analysis and commentary.
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
Support the acquisition lifecycle, including HR due diligence, contract preparation and negotiation.
- Champions company values and culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
Graduate or CIPD qualification level 5 or 7.
Held previous HR position of autonomy, in a standalone environment and able to establish credibility and hold accountability
Knowledge and Skills
Self starter and autonomous
Demonstrates a results focus approach, understanding what is important and committed to achieving goals.
Tenacious approach to delivery.
Ability to influence and coach senior leadership team
Good organisation skills, able to plan and prioritise workload.
Good working knowledge of employment law
Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
Able to communicate, challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders effectively. Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
Able to transform ideas into practical realities
Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the human resource function as a whole
Displays integrity, and recognises own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development
Flexible, adaptable and proactive
Able to travel and make overnight stays and travel abroad as required
Role model for the Vinci Energies values and ethos – Empowerment, Responsibility, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Trust
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
VINCI Energies UK & RoI deploys its fields of expertise in three business lines via three main brands: infrastructure (Omexom), industry (Actemium) and ICT (Axians). With strong regional roots and an agile organisational structure, our Business Units boost the reliability, safety and efficiency of energy, transport and communication infrastructure, factories, buildings and information systems.
Globally, we’re a major player in a constantly changing world, working at the cross roads of society’s most important issues of today and tomorrow. Locally, we’ve been operating in the UK for over 110 years. Lee Beesley, electrical contractors based in Coventry began trading in 1907 and their acquisition in 1991 by VINCI Energies marked the start of our presence in the UK.
We’re a growing network of engineer-led, agile Business Units, each one autonomous and specialised to local customer and sector needs. They have the added advantage of being backed by VINCI Energies’ global network of engineering expertise and specialists, strengthening the service they provide to customers.